Skip to main content

Fast Cars with Haikang

Very excited for today's post for a number of different reasons: First off, this makes post #4 which means I'm already a third of the way through my 2017 fashion photography project! Each month has been so different, I honestly can't wait to see what the upcoming months will have in store.

This month features our first look at my sole male model for this project, as well as some extra shots when I tried my hand at car photography. So without further blabbing from me, let's get to the good stuff :)

Shirt from Massimo Dutti
Pants from Banana Republic

Q: Tell me a little bit about your style.
A: I prefer a clean business casual look but with a modern touch (roll up pants with boat socks)




Shoes from Steve Madden



Q: What are some of your fashion inspirations? 
A: I don’t think that there is a specific brand that I base my personal fashion on. However, I do shop a lot (online and in-store) and like to pick out my own pieces. If I ever do get inspired, it would most likely be from an Asian television show (I have a slight Korean preference).




Jacket from Casual Friday

vroom

Q: Why do you like fashion? What interests you about it? 
A: I enjoy being trendy and fashionable as it differentiates me from the people around me. Working in the financial sector, it's easy to get lost in the sea of black and blue suits. I enjoy trying new things and will rarely say no to a new design or colour. For instance, all the dress shirts that I have been purchasing recently have mandarin collars instead of the regular collars.

Coat from Jack & Jones
Sweater from Club Monaco
Jeans from Levis 519

Sunglasses from Gentle Monster



Q: How do you show your individual style given the limited mainstream options available for men? 
A: I find that the best way to express my individual style is to shop online. There are many stores that offer items online that you won't be able to find in-store. If you do not like it, most reputable stores will offer you a full refund and/or store credit for clearance items. Another way to make up for the limited options is unfortunately to shop more often. This is the only way for men to increase the chances of finding something that suits them perfectly. Tip: If you do not plan on spending the whole day at the mall, just quickly browse through the stores that are on the top of your list and move on if nothing catches your eye that day. For example, I can browse through Zara’s Men section usually under 10 minutes.

Wallet from Loewe

Shoes from Salvatore Ferragamo

Thanks Haikang for being such a good sport and sharing your shopping advice! Appreciate you taking the time out of your birthday weekend for these shoots :P I personally love the sleek lines and cool look of men's fashion and had a great time shooting both outfits. It was also surprisingly fun trying car photography in the parking lot of Canadian Tire while waiting for my dad to buy brake fluid (although my hands froze a bit in the wind!)
It's been a busy couple weeks for me and I have a couple more batches of photos to go through so fingers crossed for another post soon!

Hope you enjoyed these photos and thanks for reading! :)

Comments