Skip to main content

The Other Side: Fur Vest Pairings

Hi everyone!  This is my second attempt at doing a fashion post.  Thank you so much for the warm reception to my first try.  As I said, wine red is one of my favourite colours, so it's no surprise it appears again in today's post:

H&M Wine Red Cardigan
Zara Kids Fur Vest (see below for link)
Banana Republic Waist Belt
Club Monaco Pants
Call It Spring Booties (see below for link)

The fur vest is something I never thought I'd ever have in my wardrobe, but I'm trying to continue my summer goal of being more adventurous in terms of fashion.  With the colder weather, it's even more tempting to just cozy up in sweats all day.  Again, much like the mustard skirt, the courage to try something new came from one of my blogger-idols, Wendy's Lookbook.

There are a lot of fur vest options in stores this season but this one caught my eye because of the shorter hairs (versus some fur items have extremely long hairs).  I also appreciated the lower price (coming from the kid's section) so I didn't have to break the bank to try something new.

Zara Fur Vest
Also, since my winter down jacket is still in Toronto, I've been layering this over all sweaters and under my peacoat to stay warm.
I'd also like to point out the booties I'm wearing with this outfit.  They're not too noticeable because my pants are covering the cute design.  

Call It Spring Booties
They come in 3 colours: this soft grey, a rich burgundy, and classic black.  They looked so similar to the Nine West booties I saw on Jean of ExtraPetite but at a much more affordable price.  Plus, now they're on sale with plenty of sizes still available.

shivering
We tried to take more photos for this shoot but the wind was crazy so most of the photos are just of my hair flying all over my face.

I did also try a more casual pairing, please excuse the grainy cellphone pic:
J Crew Sweater
Zara Kids Fur Vest
Banana Republic Waist Belt
LOFT Black Skinny Jeans
däv Rain boots from The Bay

I've worn both outfits to work and both received compliments but which outfit do you like better?
Thanks for reading!

Comments