Skip to main content

TBT: Gratitude

I decided to do another throwback Thursday post to thank someone very important to me as well as to my photography journey.  It's almost blasphemous that I haven't mentioned her yet but I wanted to make sure the post I write does her justice.

Here is a shot of the cutie in question:

:)

My dear dear friend Anita has been by my side since...oh god, I can't even remember.  But eons ago, we decided it'd be fun to play dress up and do a couple of photoshoots around my house (most of the pictures are still on my old laptop, will definitely have to dig those out!)

I took these shots 3 years ago, at the park behind my house.  We were actually not supposed to be shooting that day, just chilling at the park, but so began what will be an enduring habit of bringing a camera when it's least expected.

"Go sit on that bench so I can take a photo of you!"
So this post is really a huge thank you to Anita, who has been with me since day 1.

First and foremost, thank you for sharing my love for photography.  Thank you for being as excited as me about a nice photo that I took.

Thank you for being picky and pushing me to do better.  I've always appreciated your honesty regarding the pictures that I take of you, and because of you, I developed my photography philosophies emphasizing natural beauty and model's happiness.

Thank you for planning and going on photoshoot trips with me (Evergreen Brickworks!)  I would've never known to go there on my own.  I can't wait to see where our future adventures will take us and the photos that we will take.

Thank you for staying up late so I can ask you "which photo, left or right?" during the arduous editing process.  I can be so indecisive sometimes and you always come to my rescue.

Thank you for encouraging me to publish and album and start a blog.  Thank you for helping with my watermark and reassuring me every time I freaked out and doubted myself.

Thank you for being my first ever follower and reading all of my entries.  Whenever I feel lazy and want to give up, it's actually really motivating knowing that at least one person will read my post!

Thank you thank you thank you for your continued love and support.
Everything that I have, that I accomplish, you have a piece of it too because you were there with me every step of the way. <3

Comments