Skip to main content

Shopping Shenanigans: Summer Fashion Trends

Thank you everyone for the overwhelmingly positive feedback on my last two posts! 

I had/still have a lot of reservations when it comes to posting photos of myself so it really means a lot to me to have such great support for this project.  I'll have to try to remember to dress nicer more often so I can have more photos for The Other Side.

For today's post, I wanted to go back to one of my most comfortable themes - Shopping Shenanigans.
If I don't travel outside of the city, two of my common places to hang out with my friends is either at a park (enjoying the sun) or at a mall (enjoying the sights).  I'm a pretty visual person so being at a mall isn't just for the simple purpose of buying things, but to also appreciate the pieces in the display windows.  I definitely consider clothing, shoes, bags and jewellery to be pieces of art; its design and execution is a result of someone's creative vision, the same way a painting or a sculpture comes to life.  Furthermore, clothes aren't just thrown onto hangers or mannequins; how things are paired together is a creative process as well.  I like the feeling of wandering the mall as it's also a way for me to gain insight to the current fashion trends while getting some light exercise, which wouldn't be the case if I were just browsing Pinterest (all I would get is carpal tunnel...)

Long strapless dress from Jacob

I'm loving the maxi trend!  This would be perfect for a cruise or a trip to Cuba.


My favourite stores are the ones like Club Monaco, where even the decor is an art form in and of itself.  If you're lucky, you can even catch a glimpse of some of the local wildlife in this urban jungle.

Tweet tweet

Tree of lights

Additionally, as I've said before in a previous SS post, the time spent shopping with friends brings greater purpose to the activity as we're creating happy memories to think back upon.  With the added presence of my camera, I'm helping to provide concrete visual aids for when we get really old and forgetful.

Amanda and I were unintentionally matching in our cropped tops + hi-low chiffon skirts -- another summer trend.  Picture of the both of us available on her Instagram.

Tropical print and colours

Skirt is actually pink but shows up orange

Doesn't her outfit remind you of a glass of Tropicana's Tropical Blend of Orange-Peach-Mango?  So refreshing!

Thanks for reading!

Comments