Skip to main content

Teacups & More Teacups!

By now, I'm more than a third of the way through this yearly project and it's funny how it doesn't matter how far in advance I start to plan the shoots, things always seem to be continuously changing up until the very last minute. I had a completely different concept in mind for this month but that's all put on hold for another month now!

If my Tea Time at Tiffany's shoot from my vintage project was any indication, I love tea. At work, I drink at least 3 cups of tea a day. For this post, I picked my favourites from the shoot I did with my high school classmate who who recently started her own home decor company, HomeJourney.






Check out HomeJourney on Instagram for more of my photos to come :)
Of course, this product shoot meant I had to completely reconsider my lookbook outfits as well. After a small brainfart, I knew I had the perfect pieces I wanted to showcase.


Outfit 1 (left): Lady Macaron Chocolat dress from Boutique 1861, vintage Bally shoes, artisan earrings
Outfit 2 (right): Talbots teacup sweater, Banana Republic sleeveless blouse (inner), BR pearl necklace, vintage Talbots pencil skirt, vintage Ferragamo heels 

Outfit 1: The Tea Party Dress

I first saw this dress over a year ago in Montreal's Boutique 1861. This Lady Macaron Chocolat dress is from their house brand and comes in white and also as a top. When it went on sale over Black Friday back in November, I made sure to snatch it right up! 

time for tea!
In my previous outfits, I tried to avoid dresses because I was worried it would come across as taking the easy way out. But look at this dress! It's too perfect to not feature. I wanted to keep the focus on the print so kept the accessories simple with a white belt and vintage white heels. The earrings (not too visible in these photos) are from a local gallery in Ottawa made by a artist out of Vancouver. I felt the ornate clock hands remind me of the Mad Hatter tea party from Alice in Wonderland. I can't wait to wear this outfit to high tea or a fun brunch with girlfriends :)

Outfit 2: The Teacup Sweater

I spotted this sweater a few years ago in Talbots, a store I don't normally frequent as it has this image of being for older ladies -- but this sweater is actually one of my favourites! The thin knit is a great weight for all seasons, considering the strength of the A/C at the office.

♫ I'm a little teapot ♫
I wear this sweater a number of ways, but this is taking a page out of ExtraPetite's page, following her easy formula for getting dressed for work. The collar blouse underneath is the only one I have that doesn't have sleeves, which makes it ideal for layering without adding bulk in the arms. Bottoms are also Talbots, but a lucky vintage find at the thrift store. Prior to thrifting, I've had consistent trouble finding work skirts that fit high-waisted without being too short. As it turns out, a vintage Talbots petite 2 is the perfect waist-fit and length for me. I now own a couple of vintage Talbots skirts in the classic work colours (black, grey, navy) and they're great staples to have. A comment on the shoes, both these vintage Ferragamos and the white Bally pair from the previous outfit are quite narrow compared to modern day shoes. Lucky for small-footed people like me I suppose!

Hope you enjoyed these photos! This was the first time shooting in the new apartment. We're still cleaning up and getting things unpacked so the lighting and tripod situation was a little awkward. I'll figure it out in time for next shoot though. Thanks for reading :)


Comments